Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Preparing for the next round of filming

Hello everyone. My name is Dan, and I will be the Field Producer for the next round of filming. My background as a hitchhiker has, apparently, qualified me to this prestigious post. In my six years of hitchhiking, I have crossed America nine-times, and Canada--from Vancouver Island, to Montreal--once.

Right now, Alex is at the studio finishing the packing of the film equipment, while I whittle away my remaining days off-of-the-road posting on Craigslist's Rideshares to get a ride as far West as possible, or way down South to the warmth. Right now, we are anticipating that we may be hitchhiking out to Ontario, but we may take the easy way out and secure a rideshare all the way to the West Coast. In either case, we should be gone from New York by Friday of this week.

Throughout the process, we will be blogging on here with our words, and occasionally with video and audio, so keep checking back, and if we don't post for a while, shoot me an e-mail at dlivings@marlboro.edu to hold our feet to the fire. Ultimately, it's going to be an exciting adventure, and a trying one as well. Make no mistake about it, this subject matter, while fascinating and enthralling, sheds an unflattering light upon our society and its habit of demanding cheap goods on demand. The trucking industry is the lifeblood of Consumer-America, and everything that goes on at truckstops reflects upon our habits. Keep your eyes open, and your minds as well--this is sure to be an exciting month.

Peace and Love,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment